On May 6 2008, Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment released a video game in conjunction with the Speed Racer movie.
Players are able to race as Speed or 19 other characters from the movie. The cars can smash, jump, flip and spin in the "car-fu" style of the movie, as they race at over 350 mph through stadium tracks. A split-screen mode allows multi-person play.
The Wii version of the game features 20 playable characters, while the PS2 version adds five other exclusive drivers bringing the total number to 25. The DS version however, only features 16 racers.
Wii & PS2 Versions
The game's tracks take place in five different events or environments (six in the PS2 version), each including six tracks; three clockwise tracks of different lengths and three counterclockwise versions of the same ones.
(*) Skorost is only available in the PS2 version.
The DS version features completely different tracks taking place in seven different "Arenas", each including three tracks. Excluding the Cosmopolis Arena which only includes one track.
- Emile Hirsch as the voice of Speed
- Christina Ricci as the voice of Trixie
- Matthew Fox as the voice of Racer X
- Wii (developed by Sidhe Interactive)
- Nintendo DS
- Playstation 2 (developed by Sidhe Interactive; released with the DVD)
- In the PS2 version, Chim Chim was an unlockable character despite not being a racer himself. Chim Chim never appears as a opponent, only awarded after finishing every championship.
- Despite the Wii and PS2 versions having similar gameplay, the DS version had a whole different style of not only gameplay, but different skins for the cars, new tracks, new ranking system and more.